logo by massive; bobl; buttonwillow, ca

Other sites to visit:

Site links: Tech Articles / Live Chat / Model Years List / Member Map / Search / FAQ zx6e.net =  

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Entry Fee For '06 Mileage Contest?, - oui ou non?

Should we go with an entry fee (for prizes) or just rely on whatever free stuff we can conjure up?
1. no fee, just go with freebies [ 27 ]  [62.79%]
2. $10 [ 3 ]  [6.98%]
3. $20 [ 12 ]  [27.91%]
4. I want some good stuff, charge $30 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
5. higher? omg!(Top prize will prob be a gift cert somewhere so people can get what they want/need). [ 1 ]  [2.33%]
Total Votes: 43
Guests cannot vote 
odfu
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 04:29 PM
Quote Post

Group: Validating
Member No.: 421
Bike:

I'll go with $20, what say you?
PM
Antimatter
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 88
Bike: '00 BMW R1100RT, '05 ZX-6R, & '07 DR-650

Sure, $20 is ok.
PMEmail Poster
Back on the Road
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 04:44 PM
Quote Post

A little snow here

Member No.: 919
Bike: I got the last damn E, + '87 DT 200 white and red

I'm good for $20
Oh wait! that's US laughing.gif laughing.gif

After all you have to consider shipping costs.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
odfu
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Bike:

QUOTE (Back on the Road @ Feb 8 2006, 04:44 PM)
I'm good for $20
Oh wait! that's US laughing.gif laughing.gif

After all you have to consider shipping costs.

UH!!! I hate it that you can't edit polls.

Yes -let me clarify

that is $20 US
PM
Snufalufagus
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 05:00 PM
Quote Post

FYI Massive is a Fag

Member No.: 693
Bike: 2005 DRZ400SM & 1995 E "White-E"

20 sounds like a plan! Not to mention any names but it would seem like the unemployeed might have an unfare advantage toothless.gif
PMEmail Poster
odfu
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 05:02 PM
Quote Post

Bike:

QUOTE (Snufalufagus @ Feb 8 2006, 05:00 PM)
20 sounds like a plan! Not to mention any names but it would seem like the unemployeed might have an unfare advantage toothless.gif

laughing.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif

we may have several of those???

just give me reason to try and BECOME unemployed hahahaha toothless.gif
PM
Snufalufagus
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 05:05 PM
Quote Post

FYI Massive is a Fag

I have a sick feeling the Canadians are gonna wax our asses in that time frame! I think they save all their vacation time up to use during riding season! And not being able to ride for 4 months has gotta piss you off! wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Troll
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 05:12 PM
Quote Post

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Bike: broke ass junk

No income means no gas money to ride! How is that an advantage?! tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
Snufalufagus
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

FYI Massive is a Fag

QUOTE (Troll @ Feb 8 2006, 05:12 PM)
20 sounds like a plan!  Not to mention any names but it would seem like the unemployeed might have an unfare advantage toothless.gif

No income means no gas money to ride! How is that an advantage?! tongue.gif

Just start carrying about four foot of hose with you wherever you go toothless.gif !!
PMEmail Poster
odfu
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 05:15 PM
Quote Post

Bike:

QUOTE (Snufalufagus @ Feb 8 2006, 05:05 PM)
I have a sick feeling the Canadians are gonna wax our asses in that time frame!  I think they save all their vacation time up to use during riding season!  And not being able to ride for 4 months has gotta piss you off! wink.gif

yeah rolleyes2.gif

whoever coined the term damn yankees shoud reconsider?

laughing.gif laughing.gif

i'm still predicting restlessone (or maybe BRG??) -- whatever..long as it's a girl,,,hahahahahahaha thumbsup.gif rockwoot.gif deathmetal.gif riding.gif
PM
NinjaFreak
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 167
Bike: 2011 ZX6R Black

$20 sounds good!
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Back on the Road
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 05:38 PM
Quote Post

A little snow here

QUOTE (Snufalufagus @ Feb 8 2006, 07:05 PM)
I have a sick feeling the Canadians are gonna wax our asses in that time frame!

Don't forget there will be many prizes and not just for the Kilometreages.
hellonasty
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 05:46 PM
Quote Post

636 fuct

Member No.: 872
Bike: '06 636

Ill have my bike a year in March and to date I have 7300 original miles that have been put on by me. Mind you this is all I ride/drive 99% of the time, and like some I can ride year round.

Watch who you make bets on, some of us might sneak up on ya.

BTW, I dont mind the $20 either, and for a contest on putting miles on our bike might I recommend that the winner gets a new set of tires. You know to replace the ones we wore out during the contest. laughing.gif
PMEmail PosterMSN
odfu
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 05:47 PM
Quote Post

Bike:

QUOTE (Back on the Road @ Feb 8 2006, 05:38 PM)
QUOTE (Snufalufagus @ Feb 8 2006, 07:05 PM)
I have a sick feeling the Canadians are gonna wax our asses in that time frame!

Don't forget there will be many prizes and not just for the Kilometreages.

yes - it's true! i'm throwing in a free GPS if the winner is a female!!

laughing.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif
PM
Clownboy
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 05:59 PM
Quote Post

Have your people get in touch with my people...by proxy.

Member No.: 436
Bike: '00 W650, '03 ZZR1200, '95 E needing TLC

Ok...here comes the Canuck Downer...

I vote freebies.

1) This is first shot at this...enough entries means a big pile of dough and if not handled correctly could cause some hard feelings. Like the first annual E Rally at the Gap, we could use this as a tester format for future fun & games.

2) Speaking of $, someone has to ultimately be in charge of the contest and take on the responsibility of handling it. We have proof of it being done well already once (kudos Dave & Neil), but it's just a thought.

3) We're dealing with 2 different currencies and rules for shipping stuff and what not. I like the idea of something Ebay'ish, but if we go with $ fee I'd say $10 USD and prizes either the winner can choose or something usable by anyone on the continent. Or overseas. You never know...our worldly brethren could take top spot...

4) In addition to this topic, we need to find someone to man an Excel spreadsheet. I figure once it's set up it would be the easiest, fastest way to track all the entrants and the math at the end. Or wherever...if people submitted monthly or bi-weekly mileage we can have a "leaderboard".

If I had a third vote, it would be enuf donations to cover stuff like...donations. Dave getting shirts/hoodies or whatever. We should do this one for with fun as the first rule...we're not running the Iron E Butt here.

Just some food for thought. And having proofread this, maybe a little too much thought. There's enuf good people handling the Rally stuff (including some dude on a Duc) and Troll's...compromised income...that I'm sure all's good.

One more thing. Does SuperHo get an exemption? Is he allowed to enter?
PMEmail Poster
hellonasty
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 06:03 PM
Quote Post

636 fuct

Im quite handy at Excel so if you need someone to man that, Ill volunteer.

More than anything games are meant to be fun and Im sure if $20 is too much for some then we can compromise. I think we're pretty good at that.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Z3n
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 06:07 PM
Quote Post

Retired

Member No.: 860
Bike:

I'd prefer 10$$, but that's just my take on it. I agree, strongly, with everything clownboy says. After all, i'm only a poor college student! laughing.gif
PMEmail Poster
Back on the Road
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

A little snow here

QUOTE (Clownboy @ Feb 8 2006, 07:59 PM)
Just some food for thought.

Great points! I think we are just getting some ideas still, nothing set in stone
Restlessone
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 06:17 PM
Quote Post

+

Member No.: 956
Bike: 2001 black, 2002 silver zx6e, 1995 zx6e

I vote for 20. also. But maybe only people who can afford to pay should pay and yet the contest should be open to everyone on an e not just the people who pay the fee. I dont care about one big cash prize at the end (?!), I just think it would be fun to see what people come up with and to dish out some fun gifts that we have accumulated and a winning list at the end.
Maybe I am naive, but playing is half the fun when we are riding anyways. Dunno....just my .02
odfu
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 06:19 PM
Quote Post

Bike:

I'll go with majority vote.

Truth be told, I'll prob throw in a prize,,out of the goodness of my heart? I'm just stupid that way??

To me,,$20 is something that ,, if I think about it,,gets spent each and every week? If I think about it,,I can cut/finagle ways to easily come up with that.

I trust in whomever will be holder of the money. I'm figuring on about 20 people entering. At $10 that $200,,at 20 thats $400. Either way, not a TON of money, when considering a first, second, third place prize.

Nasty, I'd be happy with you as executor of the acct.

If monies are applied, we should have a deadline, and exact appropriation of funds up front with a tally of $$ received and how dispersed.

I agree prizes should be something univeral/worldwide.

If one does not feel like contributing, an opt out is always there?

EDIT: I agree with Restlessone. We shouldn't limit participation to ones that want to pay. If we have enough votes for a 'fee', let's just take whatever as 'donation' towards prize,,,and go with it. If votes say NO to fee, then I'm happy with that too! It'll just be a fun thing.

Stipulation under money rules though (I feel) must be on an E.
PM
Back on the Road
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 06:23 PM
Quote Post

A little snow here

wow odfu you're running a tight ship!! wink.gif
odfu
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 06:28 PM
Quote Post

Bike:

QUOTE (Back on the Road @ Feb 8 2006, 06:23 PM)
wow odfu you're running a tight ship!! wink.gif

re-read,,,i edited it. rolleyes2.gif

i talk a big game but i'm easily won over!! smile2.gif
PM
Z3n
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 06:39 PM
Quote Post

Retired

Member No.: 860
Bike:

I'll donate whatever within reason. I'm poor but i shouldn't act like i'm that poor... laughing.gif
PMEmail Poster
Snufalufagus
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 07:11 PM
Quote Post

FYI Massive is a Fag

I am not running this thing so I'm up for whatever. It just sounds fun to me. I do think if you wanna play you gotta pay though. At least something that is! When you think about it 300 to 400 bucks split up into 1st, 2nd, and 3rd isn't much. When I think about it a good example is football. I love football, but when there is some money on the line it's that much more interesting. Even if you don't win!

Also I really like clowns idea of a monthly update or leader board! And thats one reason I suggested the ebay or american express card gift cert. I mean what if somebody has everything they need from say new enough or such!
PMEmail Poster
hellonasty
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 07:14 PM
Quote Post

636 fuct

QUOTE (Snufalufagus @ Feb 8 2006, 07:11 PM)
I mean what if somebody has everything they need from say new enough or such!

Bite your tongue, it ISNT possible to have enough stuff from them. toothless.gif
PMEmail PosterMSN
Snufalufagus
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 07:18 PM
Quote Post

FYI Massive is a Fag

QUOTE (hellonasty @ Feb 8 2006, 07:14 PM)
QUOTE (Snufalufagus @ Feb 8 2006, 07:11 PM)
I mean what if somebody has everything they need from say new enough or such!

Bite your tongue, it ISNT possible to have enough stuff from them. toothless.gif

You have a good point. I have two jackets, three pairs of gloves, a set of leaters, three helmets "four but the yellow hjc has been retired for obvious reasons", a pair of Icon jeans, and a pair of boots and I still drool over some stuff I want. biggrin2.gif

I might as well be addicted to crack!
PMEmail Poster
hellonasty
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 07:40 PM
Quote Post

636 fuct

Theres a good chance that we'd probably save money switching to crack. toothless.gif laughing.gif
PMEmail PosterMSN
dave1
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 07:50 PM
Quote Post

no longer a member

Member No.: 169
Bike:

Okay..my take on this... I agree with clownboy about the freebie issue...my reasoning:

1) this should be for fun; by adding major, high dollar prizes, this opens up a whole new can of worms; now we have to take this much more seriously in terms of accuracy which would entail lots of rules and such; I can just see feuds starting and feelings getting hurt...remember this..we have a few of us die-hards that are on this site constantly; we don't know the moral fiber of every member the majority of us that are the hard-core know each other and respect each other regardless of difference of opinions; now some johnny -come-lately that we don't know finds a way to cheat, what do we do then? who is going to enforce the rules? see where this is going?

2) Like clownboy said, someone has to be in charge of money..one thing that I have seen over the years when dealing with non-profits and donated money and friends is the last one (friends) and donations don't always mix well; sopmeone has to be in charge of the funds and buying the items and shipping the items..Doing Troll's Christmas gifts was a bitch and I have most days free to follow up on that stuff...

3) doing freebies I think makes it more personal...I think we have some pretty cool members that have access to fun stuff that we should use instead...I know in the grand scheme of things that my sweatshirt offer ain't all that, but its personal because I'm having it made and it would mean a whole lot more (to me anyway)
I just wouldn't want this to get ugly with someone (once again, maybe someone that is new and doesn't jive with our mojo) throwing around accusations of missing monies or such

4) along the same lines as #3, I think that doing big prizes makes this much more cold; much less personal and much more OFFICIAL; I want this to be fun and not so outright competitive that it causes bad blood;

5) are we going to have a commitee for this? or is one person going to be in charge...this is a lot of work depending on how many members want to do it.; with thath in mind, you should have an officail sign up page and a cut off date...maybe some guidelines to rules of conduct and such..I hate to make this sound so legalese but unfortunately I have seen fun things like this turn ugly

I won't participate simply cause I would get my ass waxed as the E is more of a toy for me than my everyday mode of transpo:lol I am willing to donate some prizes and help come up with maybe a side contest (weirdest place to take a picture with your E and such)

once again, I'm not poo-ooing the contest because I think theis is absolutely brilliant idea, one of the best things I've seen on here but I would rather plan ahead for these unforseen obsticles and not have them rear their ugly heads later...
PMEmail Poster
Snufalufagus
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 08:18 PM
Quote Post

FYI Massive is a Fag

Dave,

You made some very good points! Like I said I'm nn regardless of the rules as it is for fun. I'm all about side pots, such as the odd photos category! One of my favorite things about this place is seeing the photos that people take. Like odfu's back road country pics, some of the city pics BOTR has posted, or some of the beautiful mountian terrain pics that you Cali folks post. So the Mo pics the Mo better.
PMEmail Poster
squidley
Posted on Feb 8 2006, 09:07 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 981
Bike: 1987 kawasaki ZX750 F1 R

I voted for the no money to enter thing because money and friends don't mix...you all have probably had a friend you lent money to and next thing you know they duck out and hide from you trying to avoid having to pay the money back.

I'd hate to see things go bad with what is going on with this site. I really enjoy coming here and don't wanna have the place go downhill because of a contest that goes bad.

I would think that it would be cooler to take donations for a "grand prize" that would go from one member to another's house depending on who wins the contest from year to year. Doesn't have to be anything spectacular like a gold cup, but more of a symbol that would only be coveted for bragging rights.

Just my 2 cents smile2.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | 2006 E Mileage Contest HERE | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

The writing on the wall

This site brought to you by Xedlum Inc.