logo by finn

Other sites to visit:

Site links: Tech Articles / Live Chat / Model Years List / Member Map / Search / FAQ zx6e.net =  

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Another gsxr tail swap
visionary613
Posted: Jul 24 2010, 05:52 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,320
Bike: Being rebuilt

Hey all, Im going to do the swap. The one question I have is: Am I looking for a 01-03 600 subframe or a 01-03 1000 subframe. I have a 1996 zx6e. Thanks for the help and I will post pictures of my build. Any other details would be greatly appreciated.
PMEmail Poster
MrBubbles00482
Posted: Jul 24 2010, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,969
Bike: 1993 ZX6e

QUOTE (visionary613 @ Jul 24 2010, 05:52 PM)
Hey all, Im going to do the swap. The one question I have is: Am I looking for a 01-03 600 subframe or a 01-03 1000 subframe. I have a 1996 zx6e. Thanks for the help and I will post pictures of my build. Any other details would be greatly appreciated.

You will need: 01-03 1k, 01-03 600 or 01-04 *I think* 750. Parts for those years are interchangeable.

Best thing to do is get the hole subframe, tail section, latch, OEM undertail, intergrated tail light passenger rear sets and seats. For the intergrated tail light a 5 watt 20 ohm resistor on the turns will make them blink properly. Everything will fit in the OEM undertail with a lot of storage space under the rear seat.

Here is the link for my GSXR tail swap http://www.zx6e.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=16151

If you need anything just PM me and I'll be more then happy to help. The swap really isn't that bad, it's just finding the parts in your price range. Getting the subframe welded should run 60-100$ dollars, any more and it's to much IMO. Make sure you get all the aluminum finish off both frames before taking it to get welded or that shit will just melt off before they hit metal and will be a pain in the ass.
PMEmail Poster
visionary613
Posted: Jul 24 2010, 10:01 PM
Quote Post

Ok, Thanks alot. Im buying the parts now. I will post what I buy when I get them.
PMEmail Poster
visionary613
Posted: Jul 24 2010, 11:38 PM
Quote Post

Oh btw, how cool is this. I got my 96 zx6e with 19k miles for $200.00. All it needs is fairings and a stator cover. smile2.gif
PMEmail Poster
MrBubbles00482
Posted: Jul 25 2010, 04:28 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (visionary613 @ Jul 24 2010, 11:38 PM)
Oh btw, how cool is this. I got my 96 zx6e with 19k miles for $200.00. All it needs is fairings and a stator cover. smile2.gif

Not bad at all as long as that ends up being all it needs.
PMEmail Poster
Akiva1080
Posted: Jul 25 2010, 09:56 AM
Quote Post

Yeehaw

Member No.: 1,073
Bike: '01 ZX6 Neons,0 grav screen

hot damn!
PMEmail Poster
visionary613
Posted: Jul 25 2010, 01:17 PM
Quote Post

I dont think there will be much hidden cost. I use to own a motorcycle repair shop and have done quite a few complete top to bottom rebuilds, but I know what your saying though sometimes some things just come out of nowhere. I purchased the 01-03 gsxr subframe today

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I am somewhat new to forums can someone please explain how to insert photos into my replys. im going to be very detailed with my tail swap.

bubbles does this look like a workable subframe?
PMEmail Poster
Superssg
Posted: Aug 12 2010, 01:38 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,343
Bike: 1995/ zx6e4/ green/ 40,000kms

Hey,
i got a 1995 zx6e collecting info on the gixer tailswap. what seat/subframe (year) would fit this bike? would be great if someone knew.

cheers!
PMEmail Poster
dave1
Posted: Aug 12 2010, 05:42 PM
Quote Post

no longer a member

Member No.: 169
Bike:

dude..have you even tried to use the "search" function?
PMEmail Poster
thepoonanner
Posted: Aug 12 2010, 06:28 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,783
Bike: 00zx6e 01gsxr1000

QUOTE (Superssg @ Aug 12 2010, 01:38 PM)
Hey,
i got a 1995 zx6e collecting info on the gixer tailswap. what seat/subframe (year) would fit this bike? would be great if someone knew.

cheers!

I used an 01 gsxr1000 tail for mine laughing.gif

yeah im a douche

Attached Image
Attached Image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
MrBubbles00482
Posted: Aug 12 2010, 06:35 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (visionary613 @ Jul 25 2010, 01:17 PM)
I am somewhat new to forums can someone please explain how to insert photos into my replys. im going to be very detailed with my tail swap.

bubbles does this look like a workable subframe?

To insert pictures you need a host site like photobucket or something. Make an account and upload photo's to the album. Link them using the IMG button on the reply page.

And ya that looks like a good subframe. It has a tab broken off, middle section that looks like a triangle. It's used to mount the plastic, but mine was broken off in the same place also and didn't cause problems. It's good you also got the under tail with it, everything will fit in there with plenty of room (more then your E tail) and keeps you from having to fab something.
PMEmail Poster
Superssg
Posted: Aug 13 2010, 11:30 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (dave1 @ Aug 12 2010, 05:42 PM)

Gee search function? what search function? there's a search function? OF COURSE I HAVE! I don't have the IQ of a 3 year old. If you don't like people informing themselves/ asking questions about up coming mods or repairs they might do on their bike, then why are you even on here? that's what a blog is about for crying out loud. My apologies for not knowing if the hole pattern is the same of an 01-03 gsxr 900/1000 subframe with my 95 ninja...but seeming like you're so well informed, maybe you could tell me in full detail what exactly i should use cause there is no where else that will. Never the less be so kind and stop telling me to use the f*ing search function. Catch my drift?
PMEmail Poster
Superssg
Posted: Aug 13 2010, 11:31 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (thepoonanner @ Aug 12 2010, 06:28 PM)
QUOTE (Superssg @ Aug 12 2010, 01:38 PM)
Hey,

cheers!

yeah im a douche

looks sik! great job!
PMEmail Poster
Z3n
Posted: Aug 13 2010, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

Retired

Member No.: 860
Bike:

QUOTE (Superssg @ Aug 13 2010, 08:30 AM)

Gee search function? what search function? there's a search function? OF COURSE I HAVE! I don't have the IQ of a 3 year old. If you don't like people informing themselves/ asking questions about up coming mods or repairs they might do on their bike, then why are you even on here? that's what a blog is about for crying out loud. My apologies for not knowing if the hole pattern is the same of an 01-03 gsxr 900/1000 subframe with my 95 ninja...but seeming like you're so well informed, maybe you could tell me in full detail what exactly i should use cause there is no where else that will. Never the less be so kind and stop telling me to use the f*ing search function. Catch my drift?

If you don't have the IQ of a 3 year old, maybe you already understand that it doesn't matter what the bolt hole pattern is, because you're going to have to cut and reweld or sleeve the subframe to make it fit anyways. laughing.gif Then again...

So before you start getting all pissy, maybe you should do a little more research. Try using the search function, you already know where it is, maybe you'll actually get something out of it this time.
PMEmail Poster
Superssg
Posted: Aug 13 2010, 12:15 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Z3n @ Aug 13 2010, 11:41 AM)

If you don't have the IQ of a 3 year old, maybe you already understand that it doesn't matter what the bolt hole pattern is, because you're going to have to cut and reweld or sleeve the subframe to make it fit anyways. laughing.gif Then again...

So before you start getting all pissy, maybe you should do a little more research. Try using the search function, you already know where it is, maybe you'll actually get something out of it this time.

hey sweet cheeks, you on the rag too? no respect for the elders these days...oh wait it's ok cause you're Ameeerican laughing.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif
I didnt get waht i wanted from the search function so guess what, i'm asking around...and oh...there really ISN'T anything you can do about that.
Why do i waste my time with people like you? (thats a hypothetical question if you americans even know what that means)
PMEmail Poster
Leadmello06
Posted: Aug 13 2010, 12:32 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,076
Bike: 00 zx6e

QUOTE (MrBubbles00482 @ Jul 24 2010, 07:19 PM)
QUOTE (visionary613 @ Jul 24 2010, 05:52 PM)
Hey all,  Im going to do the swap.  The one question I have is: Am I looking for a 01-03 600 subframe or a 01-03 1000 subframe.  I have a 1996 zx6e.  Thanks for the help and I will post pictures of my build.  Any other details would be greatly appreciated.

You will need: 01-03 1k, 01-03 600 or 01-04 *I think* 750. Parts for those years are interchangeable.

Best thing to do is get the hole subframe, tail section, latch, OEM undertail, intergrated tail light passenger rear sets and seats. For the intergrated tail light a 5 watt 20 ohm resistor on the turns will make them blink properly. Everything will fit in the OEM undertail with a lot of storage space under the rear seat.

Here is the link for my GSXR tail swap http://www.zx6e.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=16151

If you need anything just PM me and I'll be more then happy to help. The swap really isn't that bad, it's just finding the parts in your price range. Getting the subframe welded should run 60-100$ dollars, any more and it's to much IMO. Make sure you get all the aluminum finish off both frames before taking it to get welded or that shit will just melt off before they hit metal and will be a pain in the ass.

i didnt even need to use the search function, it was already in this post.... biggrin2.gif
PMEmail Poster
Z3n
Posted: Aug 13 2010, 12:33 PM
Quote Post

Retired

Member No.: 860
Bike:

QUOTE (Superssg @ Aug 13 2010, 09:15 AM)

hey sweet cheeks, you on the rag too? no respect for the elders these days...oh wait it's ok cause you're Ameeerican laughing.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif
I didnt get waht i wanted from the search function so guess what, i'm asking around...and oh...there really ISN'T anything you can do about that.
Why do i waste my time with people like you? (thats a hypothetical question if you americans even know what that means)

Of course you'd assume I don't respect you because you're old. But you're wrong: I don't respect you because you're an idiot. Age ain't got shit all to do with that.

The hilarious thing about all of this is that you expect that you can bolt in a new tail section. I'll give you a hint about why this is literally the dumbest question ever, and shows no understanding of what you're doing:

The E's subframe is welded directly to the frame. If you have ever taken even the first step towards removing your motorcycle's tail you would have understood this, and wouldn't be asking stupid questions about if the bolt pattern is correct.

Or you could read one of the 4 mod threads that show up on the first page of the search results for "tail swap", all of which clearly show them cutting the subframe and then devising assorted solutions to make it fit correctly.

So to answer your stupid question that has done nothing but display your ignorance of what you're getting into:

No, it won't fucking bolt on. Let us know when you do find a subframe that bolts on to the welds on the frame! Good luck!
PMEmail Poster
thepoonanner
Posted: Aug 13 2010, 12:34 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Superssg @ Aug 13 2010, 12:15 PM)

1st I believe the word your lookin for is rhetorical, not hypothetical.

2nd what you need is covered in the search. And even less its actually covered in this very thread.

3rd its not about asking questions, that fine. Have you noticed that no one has jumped all over visionary yet?

Good day
lucky72
Posted: Aug 13 2010, 05:45 PM
Quote Post

One Happy Dog

Member No.: 2,563
Bike: 2006 ZG1000 DR350SES 2002 Vmax

QUOTE (thepoonanner @ Aug 12 2010, 08:28 PM)

u goofy fuck your Kawasaki is a Gixxer laughing.gif
you were simply to lazy to use the search function and went out and bought a Gixxer laughing.gif laughing.gif

and its a very nice looking one too biggrin2.gif
PMEmail Poster
dave1
Posted: Aug 13 2010, 08:43 PM
Quote Post

no longer a member

Bike:

QUOTE (Superssg @ Aug 13 2010, 11:30 AM)

yeah, you'll last long on this site...we purposely weed out people like you so this doesn't turn into every other turd site on the internet..you're sorry you didn't know what bolt pattern fit? really?gee, wanna know how I figured out what to use to make stuff fit? I BOUGHT SHIT AND TRIED IT OUT. No, you want someone to spoonfeed you the information. Then you start this shit about Americans..yeah, well grow the fuck up..you're not, how do you say it, in grade 7 anymore..

but since I'm feeling helpful today and feel sorry for you, just to show you how to use the "search", here ya go:

http://www.zx6e.net/forums/index.php?showt...il%20swap&st=90

and here:

http://www.zx6e.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14124&hl=

oh, and here's mine!

http://www.zx6e.net/forums/index.php?showt...=gsxr+tail+swap

that was real hard. took all of 5 minutes. See, I took 4 weeks to buy, fiberglass, scratch my head and try to make it fit without whining about who to ask what fits..
PMEmail Poster
Clownboy
Posted: Aug 14 2010, 06:06 PM
Quote Post

Have your people get in touch with my people...by proxy.

Member No.: 436
Bike: '00 W650, '03 ZZR1200, '95 E needing TLC

QUOTE (Superssg @ Aug 13 2010, 10:30 AM)

My first guess...you're from Toronto.

Secondly, excellent intro of yourself...a whole 9 posts in.

Third...it could be a site record again....in your next retort, fastest intro of anti-American smack followed by the fastest "hypothetical" case of foot in mouth disease.

Thanks, fellow Canadian, for showing where your parents fell down with teaching manners and where our education system failed...you.
PMEmail Poster
pengaru
Posted: Aug 14 2010, 08:25 PM
Quote Post

Did you know motorcycles are dangerous?!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2
Bike: 2004 YZF-R1

uhh.gif
PMEmail Poster
Akiva1080
Posted: Aug 15 2010, 01:19 AM
Quote Post

Yeehaw

Member No.: 1,073
Bike: '01 ZX6 Neons,0 grav screen

good golly miss molly! when did we all start becoming a bunch of schoolyard bullies?
PMEmail Poster
Clownboy
Posted: Aug 15 2010, 12:00 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Akiva1080 @ Aug 15 2010, 12:19 AM)
good golly miss molly! when did we all start becoming a bunch of schoolyard bullies?

I'm not bullying him. I'm not siding with Dave. Just reacting to my first thoughts on his demeanour, and throwing in some Canadian irony you guys might not get. Poon also made a good couple of points.
PMEmail Poster
dave1
Posted: Aug 15 2010, 10:27 PM
Quote Post

no longer a member

Bike:

it's about common sense. This tool is the reason most internet sites are shit. Contribute nothing, demand everything and run their mouths when they don't get their way. Small minded, selfish and immature..I'm at the point in my life I'm not going to suffer assholes like this..do we really want this to turn into Gixxer.com?
PMEmail Poster
thepoonanner
Posted: Aug 15 2010, 10:39 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (dave1 @ Aug 15 2010, 10:27 PM)
it's about common sense. This tool is the reason most internet sites are shit. Contribute nothing, demand everything and run their mouths when they don't get their way. Small minded, selfish and immature..I'm at the point in my life I'm not going to suffer assholes like this..do we really want this to turn into Gixxer.com?

well i do toothless.gif
dave1
Posted: Aug 16 2010, 10:24 AM
Quote Post

no longer a member

Bike:

QUOTE (thepoonanner @ Aug 15 2010, 10:39 PM)
QUOTE (dave1 @ Aug 15 2010, 10:27 PM)
it's about common sense.  This tool is the reason most internet sites are shit.  Contribute nothing, demand everything and run their mouths when they don't get their way.  Small minded, selfish and immature..I'm at the point in my life I'm not going to suffer assholes like this..do we really want this to turn into Gixxer.com?

well i do toothless.gif

yeah, I figured that out when you crashed that thing a week after you bought it wearing a wife beater, flip flops, shorts and an ICON lid... eviltongue.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif
PMEmail Poster
zzrcanuck
Posted: Aug 16 2010, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 610
Bike: 2003 zzr600

QUOTE (Clownboy @ Aug 14 2010, 06:06 PM)

anti-American smack

shrug.gif
PMEmail Poster
Clownboy
Posted: Aug 16 2010, 07:05 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (zzrcanuck @ Aug 16 2010, 05:56 PM)

anti-American smack

shrug.gif

Again, Canadian stereotyping another. It was for irony's sake. I guess I overestimate my subtlety.
PMEmail Poster
zzrcanuck
Posted: Aug 16 2010, 07:12 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 610
Bike: 2003 zzr600

QUOTE (Clownboy @ Aug 16 2010, 07:05 PM)
QUOTE (zzrcanuck @ Aug 16 2010, 05:56 PM)

anti-American smack

shrug.gif

Again, Canadian stereotyping another. It was for irony's sake. I guess I overestimate my subtlety.

Just messin' around biggrin2.gif
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Make it pretty | Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

The writing on the wall
2014-09-14 22:24:27<KawaZXSEX>Clutch cover for 94 zx6e??

This site brought to you by Xedlum Inc.